Apply to the Early Childhood Center
The Early Childhood Center (ECC) welcomes families from all socioeconomic, racial, and cultural backgrounds. The ECC aims to reflect the world community and is committed to diversity among staff, teachers, and students.
- Priority placement is given to children enrolled and attending the ECC, and siblings of present students.
- In priority cases, applications are still expected within the application period. The ECC cannot guarantee enrollment if applications are turned in after the deadline.
- Priority is not a guaranteed space, but a consideration before other applicants.
- The admissions process begins in October of the year prior to a child’s attendance.
- Early application is encouraged as it provides more time to schedule your visit, but does not automatically ensure a place at ECC.
- All applications are due by December 15; applications received after December 15 will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Download, complete, and return the application form. Send to the Early Childhood Center, Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, New York 10708. Select the application specific to your program: Application for the Twos and Parents Program or Application for General Enrollment (Threes through Sixes).
- Include the $75 non-refundable application fee with your application. When you apply, your child’s application is in a pending status until you submit the application fee. This fee is not applied toward tuition.
- Call the Early Childhood Center at (914) 395-2353 to arrange an appointment to visit. Appointments are typically scheduled from mid-October through mid-December; however, if you are applying after the December 15 deadline, appointments will be scheduled as necessary. Please plan to visit the ECC without your child.
- Acceptance and waiting list letters will be mailed by the end of January. If you receive a waiting list letter, please know that your child is still considered an active applicant. The ECC is often able to accommodate a number of waiting list applicants. Please inform us if you wish to remain on the active waiting list.
Applications are not carried forward from one year to the next. If you decline a space and wish to re-apply for the following year, a new application and fee must be submitted. The responsibility rests with the family to apply for the following year. You will need to request a new application packet.