Frequently Asked Questions




When is my payment due?

Fall semester payment is due on or before July 15 for undergraduates and on or before July 25 for graduate students. Spring semester charges are due by December 31 for both undergraduate and graduate students. Semester bills are sent electronically in mid-June and mid-December, respectively. Each month statements of account are mailed listing any unpaid amounts, revisions or new charges. The due date for outstanding balances will be noted on each statement. The usual due date is the last business day of each month.

Why am I billed for health insurance?—or—I already canceled it last year!

All students are required to have health insurance and are therefore billed for health insurance. If you have comparable coverage and do not wish this coverage, you must complete an online waiver. The deadline to waive the insurance is August 15. You will be billed each year and be required to waive each year to verify that you have coverage.

May I pay by credit card?

No. The College does not accept credit cards for tuition, room, board, and fee payments. You may pay by check, or by cash if you are paying in person. In addition, payments may be made by wire transfer; for information, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at 914.395.2550.

Does the entire bill need to be paid in order to register?

Yes. Only students who have made the required payments on their accounts will be permitted to register or move into on-campus housing.

Will I be penalized if bills are not paid when due?

Yes, a late fee of one percent of the balance will be added to your account. The College also reserves the right to withhold degrees, diplomas, transcripts, and grades until all charges are paid in full. Additionally, your eligibility for on-campus housing may be jeopardized.

When will I receive a check for any overpayment?

Any credit balance on account during a semester will be refunded upon request. Please allow five business days for processing of your request. You may call 914.395.2550 to request a refund of a credit balance.

How do I know when proceeds from a loan result in a credit balance on my student account?

If you are receiving a Direct Loan, our office will send you a notice when the loan funds arrive. If you have completed your applications in a timely manner, you should expect your loan proceeds to arrive by the first day of classes. You may call 914.395.2550 to request a refund.

Why are the proceeds from my loan less than the total amount of the loan originally approved?

An origination/insurance fee of up to three percent of the amount of your Direct Loan will be deducted from your loan proceeds by your lender.

How do I change my meal plan?

You may make changes to your meal plan by calling or writing the Office of Student Accounts during the summer months. All changes after you register on Opening Day to the end of the spring term must be done in person in the Operations & Facilities Office (Campus Facilities). First-year students are required to be on Meal Plan A, B, or C. All resident students must be on a meal plan for the entire year.