Sarah Lawrence College is an ideal location for meetings, conferences, parties, and other events. Located on 44 wooded acres in southern Westchester County, the campus is reminiscent of an English Tudor village, yet features state-of-the-art facilities, modern amenities, and is in close proximity to New York City.
Sarah Lawrence College has a variety of venues available for your next event, including:
- Air-conditioned classrooms with conference table seating for up to 20 people, equipped with media capabilities and internet access
- A modern lecture hall with seating for up to 70 people in the traditional academic style
- State-of-the-art computer labs and multimedia rooms
- Mid-size theatres, dance studios, and performance spaces in the Charles DeCarlo Performing Arts Center
- Reisinger Concert Hall, which accommodates up to 380 guests for events and performances
- The film theatre in the Charles & Monika A. Heimbold Visual Arts Center, which includes modern audiovisual technology and seating for up to 188 people
- Georgian mansion for special receptions
On-campus lodging at Sarah Lawrence College includes:
- Both air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned townhouses, each containing six or eight individual rooms furnished with a single bed, desk, and dresser. Each townhouse also has two bathrooms, a common living room, and a dining area.
- Traditional dorm-style, non-air-conditioned single or double rooms with shared hallway bathrooms
- 24-hour access to laundry facilities
There are also several hotels located near campus.
All food service on campus is provided by the College’s food service company, AVI Fresh. The Office of College Events serves as liaison with AVI Fresh and works with clients to find the right menu for every event, whether it is on-site catering or a meal plan in our Bates Common Dining Room.
The Campbell Sports Center includes:
- Six-lane, 25-yard pool
- Squash center with three international courts
- Studio for yoga and aerobics
- Elevated jogging/walking track
- Gymnasium equipped for volleyball, basketball, and badminton, with bleacher seating for up to 600 people
- State-of-the-art fitness center with climbing wall
- Outdoor tennis courts
Sarah Lawrence College offers many additional amenities, including:
- Campus-wide wi-fi network
- Fully equipped computer lab with PCs, Macs, scanners, color printers, and high-speed internet access
- The Esther Raushenbush Library, which includes impressive research facilities and e-classrooms
- Campus bookstore/general store
- ATM machine
- Free, convenient parking, including many handicap-accessible areas
The Sarah Lawrence College campus is ideally located in beautiful Westchester County on an intimate, woodsy campus, yet is only 30 minutes from midtown Manhattan.
- 24-hour taxi service available from Bronxville train station
- Metro North commuter railroad runs between Bronxville station and New York City every 30 minutes, 7 days a week
- Amtrak trains stop in Yonkers and New Rochelle—a 20-minute drive from campus
- Convenient access to Interstates 87 and 95 and major parkways
- Close access to four major airports: JFK International, LaGuardia, Newark International, and Westchester County
- Campus is within walking distance of a major shopping center, movie theatres, restaurants, and downtown Bronxville