Semester @ SLC: Writing
SEMESTER @ SLC: WRITING provides college and university students the opportunity to achieve their full potential as writers during a semester in one of the nation’s legendary writing programs. Participants receive a full semester’s academic credit and choose from offerings in fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. The program is offered in both the fall and spring semesters.
Here’s how SEMESTER @ SLC: WRITING places you in the epicenter of world-class writing:
- You choose which semester you would like to spend at SLC—Fall 2015 or Spring 2016.
- You’ll take two intensive 5 credit writing workshops, each in a small seminar format and involving one-on-one sessions with members of SLC’s distinguished writing faculty, under whose guidance you’ll craft your own writing projects.
- You’ll also select a 5 credit lecture course from among the College’s broad offerings in any subject of your choice. Each SLC lecture course includes biweekly seminars we call “group conferences.” | Explore the current course catalog»
- You’ll be an integral part of Sarah Lawrence’s dynamic writing community.
- You’ll reside in a Sarah Lawrence dorm, on an idyllic campus bordering the charming village of Bronxville, yet just 30 minutes from New York City. The train to Grand Central Station that departs every half-hour is just a short walk from campus.
SEMESTER @ SLC: WRITING says it all. An intensely focused opportunity to achieve your full potential as a writer under the one-on-one instruction and counsel of SLC’s preeminent writing faculty. A beautiful and stimulating campus environment in which to hone your craft. Convenient access to the vibrant literary heart of the world.