To further students’ understanding of French society, Sarah Lawrence in Paris regularly sponsors events and activities, such as cinema nights and guided tours of cultural and political institutions. The Paris Programs also provide opportunities to attend exhibits, lectures, and cultural events at establishments such as the Bibliothèque Nationale, the Opéra de Paris, and the Comédie Française. Daytrips and excursions in Paris and the French provinces are organized throughout the year.
To bring students into closer contact with young Parisians, the Sarah Lawrence Paris Programs offer many opportunities to meet French students through dinners, coffee hours, and linguistic partnerships. Volunteer opportunities can be arranged for those who wish to work with a local organization. Students also enjoy access to university libraries, student restaurants, and discounted rates on concerts, films, theatre, and travel tickets.
Examples of Recent Activities
- Ballet: The Lady of the Camellias at the Opéra Garnier
- Exhibit: Picasso and the Great Masters at the Grand Palais
- Raclette dinner with French university students
- Private tour of Paris City Hall
Examples of Recent Excursions
- Chartres and its Cathedral
- Dijon: History of the City and its Gastronomy
- Giverny: Claude Monet’s Home and Gardens
- Versailles Palace
For more information about Sarah Lawrence Paris Program activities, like our Facebook page.