The SLC Crisis Management Team will concentrate efforts on pertinent Priority I Objectives until they are substantially met. Pertinent Priority II and III objectives will be addressed as resources become available.
Priority 1 Objectives
- Fire Suppression- Evaluate fires or fire hazards and use resources to control and evacuate.
- Search & Rescue- Appoint search and rescue teams and initiate light and heavy rescue operations as required.
- Medical Aid- Evaluate medical services available and advise rescue forces regarding the location of treatment facilities for injured.
- Life Safety Evacuation- Evaluate the need to evacuate people from hazardous or high-risk areas to safe zones.
- Communication Network- Establish a communication network using available staff, materials and equipment.
- Utilities Survey- Evaluate condition of utilities and shut-down or restore as able (gas, electric, steam, water, sewer).
- Hazardous Substance Control- Survey critical area and secure or clean up as needed (i.e., biological and chemical).
Priority II Objectives
- Facility-Evaluate facilities for occupancy or use. Identify and seal off condemned areas.
- Shelter- Identify usable structures to house resident students and organize relocation of personnel as needed.
- Food/Drinking Water- Identify supplies on hand and establish a distribution system for food and water.
- Sewer System- Evaluate condition of sewer systems and identify problems that must be addressed immediately. Identify sites for portable toilets as needed.
- Information- Keep people within the campus informed and give them instructions.
- Psychological assistance- Establish a system to assist persons to cope with the crisis.
Priority III Objectives
- Valuable materials survey- Identify, survey and secure valuable materials on campus.
- Record survey- Identify, survey and secure all SLC records.
Academic Requirements- Survey academic departments and determine requirements to begin academic operations.
Supplies and Equipment- Develop system to renew flow of supplies and equipment from outside sources.