SLC.edu / Offices and Services / Security and Fire Safety Annual Report 2015 / Emergency Response Plan / Explosion and/or Aircraft Down (Crash) on Campus
Explosion and/or Aircraft Down (Crash) on Campus
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects, which will give protection against falling glass or debris.
- After the effects of the explosion and/or fire have subsided, notify the Department of Public Safety & Security. Give your name, location and the nature of the emergency.
- If necessary, or when directed to do so, activate the building fire alarm.
- If the building fire alarm is sounded, or when told to leave by college officials, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- If possible and prudent, assist disabled persons in exiting the building. Do not use elevators in case of fire.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by a college official.