Employee Benefits: Designed for Your Health, Financial Security, and Education
Sarah Lawrence College provides employees with a competitive benefit package designed to enrich total compensation.
Eligible full-time and regular part-time employees receive generous insurance benefits
These insurance benefits include:
- A choice of two managed care health insurance plans through Aetna (Point of Service or Exclusive Provider Organization)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Life and disability insurance
- Optional insurance benefits, such as dental, vision, auto, home, and supplemental cancer plans
Sarah Lawrence College offers a variety of financial benefits to eligible employees, including a Regular Retirement Plan (RA) through TIAA-CREF. After one year of service, the College contributes 8% of eligible employees’ annual base salary to this retirement fund. Employees may also choose to make tax-deferred contributions to a Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA), also administered by TIAA-CREF.
Other financial benefits include:
- Eligibility to join the Academic Federal Credit Union
- A computer discount and loan program
- Pre-tax payments for TransitCheks for commuters
Eligible employees, spouses, domestic partners, and children can take advantage of many enriching education benefits, including partial to full tuition remission for undergraduate or graduate courses at the College.
Additional education benefits include:
- A Cash Grant to help defray undergraduate tuition costs for dependent children at an accredited college of the child’s choice
- A Tuition Exchange program with more than 500 other colleges and universities
- Partial tuition remission for dependent children to attend the Early Childhood Center, Sarah Lawrence College’s renowned nursery school
Sarah Lawrence College employees are provided with a number of statutory benefits, including:
- Workers compensation
- Short term disability insurance
- Social Security contributions
- Unemployment compensation
Sarah Lawrence College employees enjoy generous time off, depending on length and classification of employment.
Time off may include:
- Regular vacation
- Winter and Spring Breaks
- Paid holidays
- Personal days
- Sick/family leave
- Emergency sick time bank
- Childcare-related leaves
- Short-term paid leave of absence
- Unpaid leaves of absence
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling and referral service available for free to all employees and their household members.
From support for personal problems, to free legal assistance, to help finding a pet sitter, the EAP assists employees with issues small and large. Counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Learn more»