Vision Warrior Strikes at the Heart of Substance Abuse

Vision Warrior, a powerful and dramatic lecture-presentation by actor Scot Anthony Robinson that strikes at the heart of substance abuse, will take place on Wednesday, February 2 at 7 p.m. in Reisinger Hall on the campus of Sarah Lawrence College. The presentation is free and open to the public.

Robinson, who conceived this project, leaves audiences spellbound as he inspires them to identify with him on this incredible theatrical journey. Drawing on Shakespeare, character transformations, great music, and most importantly, his own harrowing story, Robinson draws spectators into a life that, in 1993, found him addicted and homeless on the streets of New York City.

Over 250,000 young people have already experienced Vision Warrior in high schools, universities, community centers, correctional facilities, Off-Broadway in New York and all across the nation.

Maria Cuomo Cole, Chairperson for the nationally acclaimed organization, H.E.L.P., wrote to the Chancellor of NYC Schools, "I feel strongly that every school would benefit from his (Robinson's) work. His message is one we can not afford to let bypass our young people."

In the presentation, Robinson addresses such issues as fear, self-esteem, peer pressure, curiosity, experimentation, family dynamics and relationships. One of the key aspects of Vision Warrior is Robinson's interaction with the audience during the question and answer forum. Audience members share their fears and sentiments with intriguing questions, often challenging Robinson on issues he has raised. He also makes his "800" number available to those who wish to speak to him privately.

Audiences often recognize Robinson from his work in such films and television shows as "Malcolm X," "New Jack City," "All My Children," "Clockers," and "New York Undercover." He has also had his Vision Warrior work featured on ABC-NY NEWS and PBS.

Robinson has become a youth ally, helping young people understand the real life and death consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. "I can tell I'm making a difference when people come up to me afterwards with tears in their eyes, sharing their pain and expressing their struggles. If I can move people to look at themselves and make better decisions for their future, I not only help them, I help the entire community."