The London Theatre Program is highly selective and the number of students is strictly limited. College and university juniors and seniors in good academic standing are eligible to participate.
The Office of International Programs can provide further information about the program, and interested students are encouraged to call or visit us. "Veterans" of the Sarah Lawrence London Theatre Program will be happy to discuss any aspect of the program; names and numbers are available through the Office of International Programs.
Sarah Lawrence College admits students without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national and ethnic origin.
Non-Sarah Lawrence College Students
Sarah Lawrence College Students
All students applying to The London Theatre Program are required to audition either in person or by submitting an uploaded video via YouTube. The audition should run no longer than 10 minutes.
Students who are able are strongly recommended to audition in person. Please contact the International Programs Office at (800) 873-4752 to set up an audition in a city listed below. If a live audition is not possible, it is preferred that students upload a video via YouTube; the video must be set as "unlisted (private)." Once you have set your video as private, you should email the "unlisted URL" to Cecilia Weisman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to review the completed YouTube video before submitting it as part of your application.
The following must be part of your audition:
- Some words about yourself—who you are, how old you are, what school you attend, when you began studying acting, if you have ever been in London, what you know about The London Theatre Program, why you are applying to the program, and how you heard about the program.
- A brief monologue from Shakespeare.
- A brief monologue from the modern repertory.
- A song. This should not be a major production number; just have fun with it.
Auditions for the London Theatre Program for the fall/full year semester will be held as follows:
- Monday, March 9: University of Southern California ( Los Angeles area)
- Wednesday, March 11: Tufts University (Boston area)
- Thursday and Friday, March 12 and 13: Sarah Lawrence College (New York area)
- Saturday, March 14: Northwestern University (Chicago area)
- Tuesday, March 24: Howard University (Washington, DC area)
If you are submitting a YouTube audition, please send the link to us by March 6, 2015.
The completed application form, letters of recommendation, personal statement, study abroad approval form, official transcripts, audition and application fee are due as follows:
- March 1 (for fall and full-year applicants)
- October 1 (for spring applicants)
Students who need an early acceptance date should notify Sarah Lawrence College at the address below, giving the reason(s) why an exception is requested.
Send inquiries to:
Office of International Programs
Sarah Lawrence College
1 Mead Way
Bronxville, New York 10708-5999
800-873-4752 or 914-395-2305